Friday, May 25, 2012

For every girl, a garter

May was an excellent month for design. I had a couple of opportunities to really let my imagination run.

First, I got a request from one of my favorite clients to make a wedding garter set for her soon to be sister-in-law. Then, two magical words were said to describe this wedding:
Burlesque Masquerade
Oh my gosh, sign me up, and can you get me an invitation!

Smoldering temptress
This little vixen was made with upcycled venetian-style lace from a corset given to me by a former cocktail waitress. She was named for an angel, plays with the devil, and lives like a force of nature. I had to use this lace. Had.To.

Temptation for two

The toss garter (because temptation is best when shared) is made primarily from a red silk camisole. Appropriate, right?

This next garter is one I've been splashing all over the web. Okay, just Facebook and twitter, but I can't help myself. I love it!


This was custom order for a bride who is marrying a man with a fondness for skulls. That button came from an amazing shop, Haute Button, on Etsy. I absolutely cannot wait to snatch up more buttons for embellishing garters. I may even find an excuse to make me some cute clothes so I can sport some of those babies, myself!

If I had this much fun in May, I wonder what sort of girls and garters June will bring me! Have you been having some extra design fun lately? Tell me about it!


No comments: