Monday, May 14, 2012

Fashionably Late

Yes, it's true that I am 29 years old. And yes, some people might say that's a bit old to be going to my first concert.  But who cares?  I am going to see Wilco tonight!

from 1995

I always imagined my first "real" concert would be in some outdoor amphitheater with the music floating toward me through a haze of cigarette smoke and the thick smell of pot. Maybe next time.

This time, we get to listen from the comfort of red velvet threater seats in the rather posh Straz Center.

Straz Center
Carol Morsani Hall

I think we all know what my big question for tonight is.

What am I going to wear?

I am, after all, going to see a Grammy-Award winning band, in a theatre, with my incredibly hot husband. I want to look good, right?

This gave me the perfect excuse to finally give in to my desire to join Polyvore (yeah, I know, I'm late to this band wagon too). Here's what I came up with.

Something a bit City Boho

Click image for details.

 

Indie Folk Alterna Rock-ish

Click image for details.

For the Almost Punk Rock Prom Queen

I'm pretty sure this one's my favorite. Click image for details.

 

The one I Wish I'd Thought of

Black and White by JKLMNODavis. Click image for details.

Sadly, I don't actually own any of these outfits. I do own some pretty cute stuff, though, so I'll let you know what I end up wearing. Oh, I might tell you about the concert too.

By the way, what was your first concert? And, of course, what did you wear?

1 comment:

galvanized garden said...

Landon and I are JEALOUS! Love Wilco! My first concert was Elvis...I was 5 yr. old and I don't remember what I wore...just remember all the screaming & fainting women!