Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Craft-along: Putting it all together

To see the craft-along from beginning to end please click here.

Oh I wish you could all come over and see my pretty front door! Since it is a long drive for most of you a photo will have to do.


Are you ready to wrap up your wreath?  Well, go fire up your glue gun!

It was a lot harder than I thought it would be to find a cheap picture frame. Weird, right? Finally I came across this framed print at JoAnn's for $4.99.  Still a bit steep, but I was getting sort of desperate.


The back was papered, but nothing a craft knife couldn't handle. I cut/peeled off the backing and popped the print out. Thus ends our frame prep.

At this point I realized I didn't have nearly enough flowers. Whoops. FYI, if you are making flowers with a three inch circumference you will need about 38 to cover a 16 by 20 inch frame.

I laid my frame flat and arranged my flowers around the outside edge so I could get a feel for the layout. Mostly, I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to [put two of the same flower right next to each other.

Starting in the bottom right corner glue a leaf and a flower.  I like to put the leaves in conjunction with their respective bloom. It just helps me make sure all the glued ends are completely covered and the leaf cups the flower just right. At the very end I did end up adding a leaf here and there to fill in some areas that looked a bit naked.


I found it best to apply the glue to the flower and then press it onto the frame. Do this all the way around your frame.

And voila!


Now you are the envy of the neighborhood.  I cannot wait to see how your frames turned out. Be sure to send me photos at neveraplainjane@gmail.com.
Happy crafting!

No comments: