Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Craft-along: Leaves

Hello, darlings!  Ready to get back to our craft-along?  I am! My front door looks so sadly naked. If you are just joining us and want to see the previous tutorials you can do so here.

Today's "tutorial" is easy peasy. I wanted to make my wreath entirely out of scraps, but, alas, I felt this little touch needed to be felt.  I shelled a whole $0.80 for two sheets of green felt because I honestly don't know any other fabric that will work.

And what are we making with this felt?  Leaves!

Step 1:

Cut out a leaf shape roughly three inches by one and a half inch.  Mine is pretty much a pointy-ended oval.


Step 2: 

Cut a slit from one point roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the way into the leaf.* Also, consider a quick manicure before posting close-up photos of your hand.





 Step 3:

Place a dot of fabric glue or hot glue on one side of your split.  Place the non-glued side on top of the glue - bottom side to top side.


Now you have a sweet little cup in your leaf so it has a bit of dimension. *Note, the longer you make your cut the more your leaf will cup.

Easy, right?

How is your wreath coming along? Are you just about ready to put it all together?

No comments: