Friday, April 15, 2011

For Every Girl, A Garter

I am so in love with today's dress I almost didn't tell you about it.  I mean, what if you buy it and then I get invited to a gala? But, alas, it is fashion perfection and I have the perfect garter for it so...


Vintage, ethereal, elegant - is there really anymore to say. No, but I'll say it anyway. The dress, available at Timeless Vixen Vintage, is a 1950's ivory taffeta cocktail dress with boatneck neckline and drop waist.  The fabric is embroidered with gold roses. Can you imagine!

I think a lot of girls would make this a Grace Kelly dress. But, let's put it on a rockabilly bride, instead. Birdcage veil and feather fascinator,  sky blue finger nails, cherry lips, and blue platform, peep-toe pumps. Of course our girl has some killer swing dance skills; perfect for showing off that shimmering circle skirt. And with every spin, what should we glimpse but a sleek, chic, and never plain garter. This one, made from an upcycled silk necktie, has touches of gold and, you guessed it, sky blue. I'd have her groom wear a matching pocket square.

What say you, darlings? Grace Kelly or Wanda Jackson?

No comments: