Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Sarasota Medieval Faire

This past weekend Ben took Em and me to the Sarasota Medieval Faire. It wasn't quite what I expected, but we had a good time. Emily tried her hand at sword-play:
and explored the lavish world of medieval millinery catoure:
Testing hat plumes at House of Avalon
followed by some great equestrian feats (more or less):

I'd hoped to run across some of the same artists I'd admired at the Temple Terrace but, no such luck. I did see Tomas the Lapidary:
 and his beautiful tiaras:
Emily really wanted one of those tiaras:
and a parasol, and a sword, and a crossbow, and one of those conical princess hats, and...and...and...

As for me, I didn't find too many local artisans to admire, but I still got one thing I was hoping for - good memories:

No comments: