Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Inspiration Found: The ABCs

Recently, fellow blogger and craft entrepreneur Nicole Rodriguez issued and invitation to join her in her weekly Find Inspiration In... project.  Here's what she said last Thursday:

This week's inspiration is THE ALPHABET.
The idea for this week's assignment came from Design*Sponge's "Design Your Own Alphabet" contest. I love hand-lettering and want to do more of it, so this seemed like a perfect reason to do so. If you'd like to enter the contest, head over to Design*Sponge for details.
If hand-lettering isn't your thing, there's still plenty to be done with this idea of "The Alphabet". Cook up some alphabet soup, drag out your kid's block set, play with the ABC magnets cluttering up your fridge, write a letter, create a pattern from them...endless ideas, really.

And here's where I went with it:
This project came at the perfect time.  I had a lot of elements I wanted to bring together into one garter, but had been unable to find a way to make them into a cohesive look. I adore this aqua ribbon! It is a satin grosgrain that feels just wonderful and seriously, how good does aqua look with copper!

I'll be listing this garter as part of a set later today.  I'd love to have you stop by my Etsy shop to see what the companion garter looks like. The actual listing will allow the buyer to select any letter but I'm sure you can all guess who that "E" stands for.

No comments: