Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Etsy Order Confirmation for...

My gmail in-box only shows a  portion of the subject line so that's all I could see of that particular message when I popped into my office to quickly check my messages. I furrowed my brow. "But I didn't order anythi...I SOLD A GARTER! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ben threw down his dish towel and ran up the stairs to join me in a jumping hug.  Emily smiled halfheartedly because I'd scared the wa-pooh out of her. She wouldn't join the hug and I can't really blame her because I was laughing somewhat maniacally. I called my mom. She didn't answer. I called my dad and yelled the news into the phone then hung up on him because my mom was calling me back. I yelled into the phone some more and my mom yelled a sort of "weee" sound in the middle of the grocery store. Then I called Hava and yelled again and she squealed back and then we talked somewhat calmly for ten minutes before agreeing to celebrate in our separate states by drinking flavored beer (because no one had champagne on hand). And then the evening ritual returned to its normal pace and I acted like a somewhat normal wife and parent.

Okay, I occasionally exclaimed "I sold a garter!" and I also sometimes danced something that might have been the funky chicken meets disco.


So in honor of my first sale, a photo montage of All Tied Up, a garter made from an upcycled Dior necktie.








4 comments:

DreaBunny said...

Nice!!! Congrats and here's to many more!

botanical brouhaha said...

I swear my pulse rate went up just reading about your reaction to your first sale! Congrats...I knew you would do it! And hug Ben for me...I'm so glad you have a supportive husband. So exciting...

Jess Loyer said...

Congrats! It's a gorgeous garter, really original - and the photos are sexy too ;)

Jenny N said...

Congrats! I love that one! Continues success!!