Monday, January 28, 2013

The best kind of "bad"

First, a quick finger report. My Thursday follow up came with some unsettling news: instead of simply cleaving the tendon in two I also managed to separate tendon from bone. As a result, I may need a tendon graft. That's right, internet, when I do damage I go all the way. I should know more by next week. In the interim I'm developing some mad ambidextrous skills.

But enough about all that. I did something way more exciting (and far less excruciating) than injure myself last week.

I. Saw. Wicked.
broadway wicked
via Broadway Artists Alliance

Ben got me tickets for my birthday (in August) and I thought the January showing would not get here fast enough. Totally worth the wait.

One caveat - this musical is not based on the book by Gregory Maguire.


Inspired by it, perhaps, but not based upon. It is more like the other other story of the Witches of Oz; the one acceptable for young audiences.

This is actually my first experience with a Broadway production. And oh! Oh, that set!




And the effects!

Wicked
Jeanna de Waal as Glinda in the national tour of Wicked.

But above all, the pipes on this woman!

Wicked
Christine Dwyer as Elphaba in the national tour of Wicked.

Christine Dwyer is indescribable. Her singing...the way she delivers lines...the way she moves on stage. Just, wow.

She'd be my number one idol if it wasn't for Susan Hilferty - the genius behind the costumes.

Elphaba


Seems I have a lot of work to do if I want to be like Susan. Better get to it!

No comments: