Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A case of (and a cure for) the yuck

You guys, I am so sick.  It's been a while since I've come down with something truly nasty, and I'm having a hard time remembering how to take a sick day. Hopefully it'll be a while before I'm this under the weather again, so I'm making myself a sick-day guide.

First, and several times thereafter, pour yourself a cup o' tea

cuppa
iStock via Recipe.com

Second, find yourself a cozy spot...

tumblr via Inspired Design

...and curl up with a tasty read.

The Historian
my current book, The Historian

Don't forget to fuel your body's recovery systems. 

soup
Egg Drop soup via the Kitchn

  When you have a full tummy there's nothing better than a nap.

Brunschwig & Fils via Patricia Gray

If you feel a bit achy, have a soak.

bath
Via Rue, issue 3

And throw in a bit of this magic stuff.

epsom salt
Epsom salt and it's many uses via eHow mom

Snuggle up in something warm...

Blanket
Ruffle Rose Throw via Angella Eisman Design
  
...while you enjoy that documentary you've been meaning to get to.

Dive
Dive! the film
  
And remember, laughter is the best medicine.

via we <3 it
 

1 comment:

galvanized garden said...

I want that bathroom! Hope you're feeling better soon.