Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Stuff and things

Over the past..I don't know...three months? six? Well, for the past bit I've thought of starting about 50 blog posts with the title "Change is in the wind."

Photograph by Pete Cairns. Click here for details.

Fifty is a big number. Like, really big. And with that number came a pretty big revelation.

If I want to change my business this often something must be amiss.

Is it me? The product? The market? I just don't know. The only thing I know is that there has to be a change.

After some heartache, frustration, and therapy I have decided to put NPJ on one of those cleansing/detox diets.

Rainbow Juice recipe from Crazy Sexy Diet via Deliciously Organized. Click on image for details.

I've never actually done a detox diet, but I have purged my closet a time or two, and I figure the process is pretty similar.
Cut a bunch of stuff out.
Take some time to figure out what you really need.
Slowly add elements back in while evaluating how each addition effects the way you feel/look/perform.
Permanently ditch the stuff that is no good.
Find possible alternatives to the stuff that is no good.
Keep what works for you.

As of right now, this very second, Never a Plain Jane Designs is closed.The Etsy shop is in vacation mode, I've left my Etsy teams, and I said my good-byes to the Scoutie Girl readers.

I thought I'd just stop and breathe for a bit, but no. Emily started school, I had a 30th birthday party to throw, there are cheerleaders to be coached, football games to attend, people who must be fed regularly, rooms to clean...

And I like it!

I'm not quite as fab as Audrey. Yet.


Right now, this is where I need to be.

No comments: