Friday, June 1, 2012

The Hot Days of Homemade

I know on Tuesday I promised you more fashion advice for summer and I'll definitely get to that.  Later. Right now, I have a crazy summer plan I'm dying to share with you. I'm calling it...

wait for it...

Hot Days of Homemade!
Dragon Dress tutorial via Craftster

Okay, you probably guessed that from the title.

Here's the deal. I seem to always want more; more clothes (for both Emily and me), more shoes, more accessories, more stuff to decorate my home. I also have a really long list of projects I'd like to tackle. Plus, I'm big on upcycling, recycling, and DIY. Finally, I want to increase my sewing skills. So I put all these things together and issued myself a challenge.

No New, Store-bought Stuff For Three Months!
From UPPERCASE Magazine via Pinterest
  
This means I make my clothes if I want new clothes, I make curtains if I want curtains, I gift handmade gifts, etc. For things I cannot make, I will buy secondhand. Do I seem completely crazy? If I do that probably isn't anything new to you guys.

What do you think?  Could you, would you spend your hot summer days joining me in this sort of challenge?

No comments: