Monday, February 13, 2012

Every day I'm shuffling

I titled my post and then had to stop and dance to the Party Rock Anthem 'cuz that's how I roll. Apparently.

So many things going on in my life right now I hardly know where to start! First, and most importantly, I got my husband back last week!  Em and I did just fine while he was away, but I swear everything is so much better now that's he's home with us again. I love that guy.

Upon his return, Ben helped me jump start my training program for the 10 + mile obstacle course I am running in December. Yeah, you just read that on my blog.

Late last year my friend, Angela, asked if I'd run the Tough Mudder with her in 2012. I agreed thinking it was just a goofy little relay-type thing. Word to the wise: ALWAYS SAY MAYBE UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT'S BE PROPOSED! For instance, I'm not sure I would have ever agreed to this:

Tough Mudder events are hardcore 10-12 mile obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to test your all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie...To get through mud, fire, ice-water, and 10,000 volts of electricity you’ll need teammates to pick you up when your spirits dip. To get over 12 foot walls and through underground mud tunnels, you’ll need teammates to give you a boost and a push...(from http://toughmudder.com/about/, emphasis added).

Yeah.

I am a little scared - hold the little- but I'm actually really happy I decided to do this.  I think everyone wants to get into better shape, but that's a pretty vague goal.  On the other hand, I plan to get into shape for this:

 

Now, that's a pretty concrete goal.

This past week Ben has helped me concentrate on strength training with some Crossfit-inspired workouts. This week he returned to his usual work schedule taking his motivating influence with him. Bummer.  Since I'm sort of on my own, I've decided to commit to the Couch to 5K plan.
In theory my neighbor, Christine, and the Angela that got me into all this mess will both train with me. I'm hoping I can recruit you guys too. I'm not asking much - just some encouraging words every now and then.

However, I'm pretty sure all this training is going to give me some rocking thighs so if you're looking to tone up for general garter-wearing purposes you might try to play along.  Just a thought.

Now wish me luck!

No comments: