Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cocktail Hour

My second night in Philly will be spent "working" on some of the last minute details for the Art of Earning LIVE. From what I understand I'll be meeting some of the super heroes involved in this wondrous affair for dinner at Square 1682.

Matchbook Magazine via Belle of the Ball

I was told to wear wear "something you'd wear out with your girlfriends to a swanky bar but don't get all Academy Awards fancy."

Internet, I was born to dress as though I were meeting girlfriends at a swanky bar. It took me about four seconds to pinpoint my perfect outfit.


Dress: Old Navy, Thrifted
Sweater: TJ Maxx
Bracelets: Gift (thanks, Grandma!)

I cannot stress the importance of accessories here.Those bracelets are adding just the right amount of color. They're pretty awesome, but my new boots are going to kill!


I have been coveting these Betsey Johnson boots for over a year. They were a bit pricey so I'd told myself I couldn't have them until I reached a certain number of sales. Well the time came in January, but before I could buy them I found the perfect gift for Ben, an antique valet. It cost the same as the boots (give or take $10), but I couldn't pass it up. It would be just lovely waiting for him when he got back from deployment. The very same day Ben sent me an e-mail saying he'd got me a little gift to celebrate a promotion he'd received. Care to guess what it was?  Crazy, right!?

So now I have the perfect boots for my perfect cocktail dinner outfit. It all goes very nicely with my perfect husband.

What would wear for a "working" dinner with small business geniuses?

No comments: