Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Inspiration Found: Red Wedding Shoes

Remember these fabulous shoes for an upcoming Las Vegas wedding?

Red satin pumps from Payless

Well these shoes, along with their owner's dream for a "vintage, glamorous, Hollywood, Old Las Vegas, classic, shocking and beautiful wedding," were the inspiration for a custom-made garter. 

In case the shoes weren't enough, I wanted to whet your appetite for my creation by first sharing someone else's. Jill Fontaine of Stay Calm Cupcake left a comment on my Facebook page proclaiming red wedding shoes bring to her mind...

Red Velvet Cupcakes! 

Vegan Crimson Velveteen Cupcakes via Whisk Kid
Hmmm, Jill's suggestion is pretty tasty, but I think my garter is down right decadent. What do you think?
 
Michele garter custom made by Never a Plain Jane Designs
I used 100% black and red silks upcyled from a couple of blouses scored from a local thrift store. I found the feathers here. I'm thrilled with how it turned out and the bride, Michele, is just over the moon!

Are you feeling inspired yet?  Tell me about it in the comments. And if you aren't, maybe you should contact Jill for some cupcakes.

No comments: