Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wise men talk...

...because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something. Grrr. I have this pet peeve that goes something like this: I pay a lot of money to be in school. And my opportunity costs are equally high. So if you are in class with me, don't waste my time by staring blankly at the prof when she asks a question. Similarly, I hate it when profs ask leading questions and then completely ignore the normal discussion participants in desperate hope that someone else will open his mouth. I'm pretty sure we all know that I'm a talker. In complaining to Ben last night he pointed out that there is a lot that can be accomplished by sitting and listening. He's right. I really wanted to argue, but he's right. The more I think about it, though, the more I worry. Ben has in no way EVER implied that I am a fool, but I do usually just have to say something in class. Maybe I'm missing out because I can't shut up.

No comments: