Monday, April 16, 2012

The Final Week (of my first challenge)

This is it, my darlings; in six and a half short days I will run the Mud Crusade.

via Mud Crusade Facebook Page
On Saturday I ran my very last Couch to 5K training run. I'd like to tell you I killed those three miles, but I didn't.  To be honest, these longer runs the past two weeks have been much harder than the ones from the previous seven weeks.  My body feels very heavy, the time feels a lot longer than it actually is, and I can't seem to zone out like I was just a few weeks ago.  Is that weird?  Probably not. The important this is:


I have run every run to the best of my ability and that is pretty damn awesome.

By the transitive property of awesomeness, that makes me pretty damn awesome. I might reward myself with a tiara.

If that wasn't enough, I am also positive my strength has increased.  This weekend, while gardening, I managed to carry -not lug, carry, a hefty bag of sand. I also managed to lift all 60+ pounds of my Emily high enough for her to wash the car windshield.  And it was easy!

Dear Emily,
Women can should be strong inside and out.  It means they are able to support their babies in every possible way. I'll keep working at it if you will.

Love, Mommy

It's true the journey has occasionally sucked these last nine weeks. But the strength I have found in myself has both surprised me and made me so very happy. What's more, I think the strength I have found inside is visible on my outside. Again with the awesome.

How are your journeys going and what have you discovered?


No comments: