Monday, October 31, 2011

A night on the town

I had something of a blegh week last week. Sales have been slow, participation from my Etsy team has significantly dwindled, I'm bored...As a result, I haven't exactly felt like throwing myself into work.


After a week of working really hard at being unproductive I punished myself with a girls' night out.

I've never claimed to make sense.

The stars totally aligned on Saturday such that my Tampa bestie had the night off work and my very giving neighbor friends invited Emily for a sleepover. I had a whole 24 hours to be a girl again! And boy did I ever!


 My girlfriend and I donned our Halloween best, talked a lot, laughed too loud, were treated to drinks, and stayed out far too late.


Then I slept all morning, spent the afternoon and evening with my girl, and I am actually eager to get back to work. The moral of the story is: sometimes a total break from the norm will put the glitter back in your world.


No comments: