Monday, August 29, 2011

Disconnect or something like it

Throughout the last few months I have been loosely following the posting-inspiration guide 52 Weeks of Blogging Your Passion. The prompt I intended to focus on last week asked me discuss recent news or an event that inspired or motivated me in some way.

We certainly aren't lacking in news around here: the U.S. is experiencing all kinds of weather craziness (drought, earthquake, hurricanes); the U.N. Building in Nigeria was bombed; Libya is undergoing all sorts of changes...

And as far as events go: Ben is traveling, Em started school, I turned 29 for the first time...

But none of the above have really made an impact on my work. Am I supposed to incorporate crazy weather patterns into my garter designs?

via
Okay, I could actually kind of see that working from a design standpoint...
 
Does this mean I'm somehow disconnected from the world around me? I don't feel disconnected.

How about you?  Do you ever feel like there are all sorts of things going on around you but they somehow don't touch your life at all?

No comments: