Thursday, March 17, 2011

Inspiration Found: Scallops

I fall in love with this dress every time I see it.
Begonia Dress by Kelsey Genna
In fact, it seems a lot of people are seeing all the potential of scallops.For instance:

As decor
via Apartment Therapy


For insulation
Coffee cup cozy via Pinterest

In rain or shine
Beach umbrella via Cocopani

And now, drum roll please,
as inspired, handmade bridal underpinnings!
Unique scalloped garter

I'm really pleased with how this garter turned out.  I adore the fabrics (silk, chiffon, and satin), and I wish I could capture how gorgeous that shade of green really is. I think I'll spend some time developing a scallop line - I love it that much. Do you think it lives up to its inspiration?

How about you - are you loving scallops as much as I am right now?

1 comment:

galvanized garden said...

I love scallops and I LOVE this post, J!